The NWRB is the government agency which manages and regulates all water resources and services in the Philippines. It integrates and coordinates all water related activities that have social, environmental and economic impacts in the country.
It has three mandated functions as follows:
1. Policy formulation and coordination within the framework of Integrated Water
Resources Management (IWRM);
2. Water resource regulation through the issuance of Water Permit (WP) and
resolution of water use conflict; and
3. Regulation of water service providers through the issuance of Certificate of Public
Convenience (CPC)/Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity and setting
of water tariffs.
Sustainable Water for a Healthy Nation
The NWRB has the following mission:
• To allocate sufficient water for optimal beneficial use;
• To ensure access to safe water supply and adequate sanitation services; and
•To preserve flow regimes for ecological integrity.
The NWRB has three major functions:
• Policy formulation and coordination - The NWRB formulates policies and plans for the Philippine water sector, within the framework of Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) through the coordination and integration of development programs, projects and activities.
• Resource regulation - The conservation of all water resources by regulating its utilization and allocation based on policies consistent with beneficial use and sustainable development.
• Economic regulation - Providing protection to consumers and the economic viability of water utilities by determining service standards and targets, tariff levels and schemes, monitoring and measuring company performance, enforcing compliance, and imposing sanctions.
• High moral principle
We, the officials and employees of the National Water Resources Board (NWRB), commit to:
N – urture the relationship with partners/stakeholders in the water sector.
W – ork best to protect the water environment by improving the regulation of water use.
R – espond to your needs relative to the management of water resources consistent with the Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) Plan Framework.
B – etter serve you with utmost courtesy and better treatment from the frontline service providers.
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT AND NATURAL RESOURCES
The Department is the primary government agency responsible for the conservation, management, development, and proper use of the country’s environment and natural resources, specifically forest and grazing lands, mineral resources, including those in reservation and watershed areas, and lands of the public domain, as well as the licensing and regulation of all natural resources as may be provided for by law in order to ensure equitable sharing of the benefits derived therefrom for the welfare of the present and future generations of Filipinos.
To accomplish this mandate, the Department shall be guided by the following objectives:
Assure the availability and sustainability of the country's natural resources through judicious use and systematic restoration or replacement, whenever possible
Increase the productivity of natural resources in order to meet the demands for forest, mineral, and land resources of a growing population;
Enhance the contribution of natural resources for achieving national economic and social development;
Promote equitable access to natural resources by the different sectors of the population; and
Conserve specific terrestrial and marine areas representative of the Philippine natural and cultural heritage for present and future generations.
"A nation enjoying and sustaining its natural resources and clean and healthy environment."
To mobilize our citizenry in protecting, conserving, and managing the environment and natural resources for the present and future generations.