Contingency Plan to address possible water shortage in Metro Manila
- NWRB shall maintain maximum water allocation for MWSS from the Angat Reservoir to ensure adequate water supply in Metro Manila.
- Temporarily allow MWSS to use its existing deepwells to augment water supply for its two concessionaires (i.e. Manila Water) for the duration of the El Niño to be used for the affected communities
- Temporarily re-open deepwells that were previously closed and sealed subject to the control and monitoring of NWRB for critical services (e.g. Hospital use)
- Conduct aggressive information, education and communication campaign on water conservation and water recycling.
- Conduct aggressive monitoring of water wastage in Metro Manila and address the concern immediately.
- Closely coordinate with the NWRB Technical Working Group on the Angat Dam Operations to ascertain sufficient water supply in Metro Manila.